Hope I'm not hi jacking the 3.5 MM thread, but to respond on the red on red cuda. I owned it for a couple years in the early 80s. Mopar Action did an article on it several years ago which featured the lineage of owners. Called it the $5MM Cuda. I bought it from Andy Boltz who got it from Herb. Andy told me Herb found it in a trailer park. I had several E Body Hemi cars but always wanted a Hemi Vert. Car was apart and I resorted it. Body was amazing, maybe two small spots behind tires, floors perfect. Body work was easy. Back then You had to find parts at swap meets and bone yards. Year One was the only place that had Mopar parts back then, ie seat covers, emblems, decals. Replaced carpet and one seat cover. Arlen Vanke did the engine, Jim Pace fixed the trans and stopped leaks. First show was Street Machine Nats in Indy. I worked for Goodyear so put it in there booth. Hot Rod shot if for the magazine there and it made top ten list in the year end Magazine.

For some reason I wanted a Hemi more rare than 1 of 14. I found a Challenger 4 spd plum crazy car and purchased that in mid 80s, it was 1 or 9. Sold the Cuda to Wayne Hardy for $35K. Then eventually sold Challenger to Bill Drake in up state NY.

Had fun with them, but I didn't have big collections and was always looking for the next challenge. Any car I had that I sold for more than I paid was a good deal, but if there was ever one I wish I kept it was the red on red car. Shoulda Coulda Woulda

IMG_3661.jpgIMG_3658.jpgIMG_3655.jpgIMG_3663.jpg
Last edited by viperakron; 12/29/20 02:18 PM.