I'm planning on buying a vehicle online but I'm having a hard time figuring out the best way to transfer money. All I wanted to do was do a simple bank wire transfer from my account to the sellers account but it seems more stressful and difficult than I imagined. The seller has a Bank of America acct as do I, so I called the bank and asked how to do it. An hour later on the phone with the girl trying to log into my account with countless password resets through emails I'm lost. They use some kind of Zelle service thats limited to amounts less than the vehicle. And they say if you enter the wrong info or incorrectly you might lose your money. And I believe it's a common wire service among banks. What happened to the good old days of going into a bank and asking them to transfer the money by calling the recipients bank. So I called escrow.com to try them and the difficult to understand fast talking India woman said to wire them the money. They don't do bank transfers from one account to another. I thought the whole idea of using them was to simplify the transaction. So I am stressed out that I'll probably have to pass on the vehicle after days of calling and negotiating with the seller. Anyone that has any experience with transferring money would be highly appreciated. thanks

Last edited by clem melson; 12/22/20 08:33 PM.