Originally Posted by Beebuzzn
Wow, don't know now if I should sell and get something else or take a gamble of getting some miles out of it. I've read many conflicting stories on 4.7 engines over the last couple days and it sure seems a 50/50 deal to make the 150k mile mark. Truck sure is a nice driver, very comfy and quiet but only gets about 11.5 mpg city driving. I guess that might be impacted from the AWD system ? is the AWD 4x4 drivetrain problematic also ? Have 2018 ford RCSB I'm installing whipple on and bought Dakota for work rig, hum....have to check into what remanufactured engines go for a worse case..... Thanks all for input

Mine was $2799, and worth every penny! I couldn't find anyone to rebuild it locally. A lot of places said they'd do the machine work, but nobody wanted to fool with the Rubik's Cube timing chains! Powertrain was very easy to deal with, and they do a lot of upgrades to make the engines better than they wee from the factory. I checked with Jasper and Carolina Machine, and neither one acted like the cared whether I bought their engine or not. Everybody I dealt with at Powertrain bent over backwards to help me. I would buy from them again in a heartbeat! My 4.7 I got from them hasn't leaked or burnt the first drop of oil, nor has it made the first tick or noise. Keep them in mind if you ever need a motor.

https://www.powertrainproducts.net/DODGE-4-7-V8-ENGINE-99-06-DAKOTA-RAM-1500-GRD-CHK-p/1341.htm