Originally Posted by LimeliteAero
Thanks everyone! I have checked the fuses and tried another switch at the pedal. any suggestions on where to grab power to bypass the switch? sorry if that sounds simple but I dislike working under the dash. I don't know how you big boys do it.

you can jump out the pedal switch between red and white wires... that will keep on the brakes if TS and rest of circutery is good... and pink wire is hot of course.

Originally Posted by LimeliteAero

Originally Posted by Michael Ecks
Before you go disassembling the dash does your car have a separate hazard flasher? My Challenger has one under the right side of the dash in addition to the one at the fuze box.. Mine under the dash below the ashtray went out and took my brake lights with it, replaced it and brake lights came back simple as that.

I tried another flasher but I found a three pronged piece, I have no idea what that is. The emergency flasher I found was close to the Ebrake pedal the second three pronger was right of the column.

Stock blinker flashers are just 2 prongs both ends handling positive, one is input the other one is output. They get heat by the load caused by the bulbs power going throught when activating switches making the bimetallic to break out the points inside, cut the power untill cools off and close points again. Than makes the blinking work again and again... heat and cool, heat and cool.

There are two kind of these flashers, one to handle turnings able to handle 3-4 bulbs, and hazzards able to handle up to 6-8 bubs and called heavy duty. Usually labeled with a green band. Factory ones were squared.

There is a 3 prongs flasher, about the size and shape of a wine bottle cork seal, but that's for the ign switch light courtesy light ( and some years also for seatbelt warning light, usually 70s and 71s ), but has nothing to do with hazzards or brakes.

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela