One thing that caught my attention was is it being introduced as manual trans only, at least in the 2 dr. Dunno how that plays in Mexico but that was at least 1/2 of how the most recent Dart failed - US buyers have rejected manual transmission probably to keep that hand free for the cell phone. It does kinda channel the Rampage vibe but the Sprinter nose and Subaru Brat roof line doesn't exactly work. If it is actually built on the Renegade platform, it could be a capable, if not overly impressive, mini truck.

The thing I'd like to know is just how far from 48 state legal it is as produced. Based on price, they must have dropped about $10k worth of compliance per unit and how do ya pull that off? The "World Engine" concept as I understand it is build one driveline, sell it globally, reap cost benefits by not building country or brand specific engines. Assuming the Mexican EPA is much more liberal than the US version where's the savings in building a Mexico specific motor that runs dirtier than the thing yer already cranking out by the truck load? Cut down the number of air bags - how much could a couple side curtains add? Do they dodge big costs on crash testing?? How is this thing about 1/2 of what a US legal version would cost?