Hi Team,

Wanted to get some opinions on my converter now that I had a chance to get my car to the track yesterday afternoon. Ran a 10.78 at 124. Plymouth Cuda, weighing in at 3264 with me in it. 3.23 gears, 275/60/15 tire. My gear vendors OD was not working which I think would have helped, but I have to wait a few weeks for my new one to show up. My converter should be a 3500 stall, but it was a rebuild so who knows how good of a job it was. I'm currently looking at a triple disc from a local company in Florida, FTI. It's pricey, so wanted to get some opinions prior to ordering. I can supply data logs from my run if needed from the Holley Sniper. Can also post a link to youtube if that's allowed from the Dragy video so you can hear the engine.

When I had the car dyno'd he mentioned that it was hard to get a reading and stated that the converter felt very loose, it slipped a lot, but not to judge a car from the dyno but rather drive it and make a decision there. Driving it, it feels good, but does slip easy and quickly, and almost feels like it's too much especially in third gear without the OD. There is no need to downshift it on the highway, just whack the throttle and the car instantly builds RPMs. At the track it hits the 6500 limiter pretty quick in 1st and second gear. All shifts take it from around 6400 ish to 5800. in third gear it seemed to hit 5800-5900 but never went past that and kind of just slowly built speed. I believe it should pull harder, maybe my heads are limiting air flow (eddy RPM ported)? But it's making 10-11 PSI on the logs and just sitting at that RPM, I'd think the boost would help force the air past any head restriction at this power level, but I'm certainly not a expert. I also believe the OD will greatly help here, but wanted to get opinions if the converter is stalled too high with the engine power. It was built when the car had around 450hp. Now it's 700ish.

Thanks for your feedback

https://youtu.be/Jby8ElZ6QVw