Originally Posted by B1MAXX
[quote=W.I.N. racing]From experience I can tell you that Block filler (HardBlock) will not prevent water from weeping through those cracks.

I agree with the above. I had a 440 block with similar cracks I filled the block with the Moroso block filler past the cracks and it still seeped..

I tried using block filler to stop water jackets leaks on a customers old Mopar cast iron top fuel block that had interior coolant leaks from grinding for clearances around the mains from a different owner.
I ended up having to use a liquid block sealer from Goodson that had to be pour into the block and then sealed up under pressure with a torque plate and water pump block off plates for 20 minutes and then baked in a oven at around 350 F for 20+ minutes after draining the sealer out of both sides one side at a time. It was reusable and it did a good job on fixing those coolant leaks. I did both sides first and then had the block cooked by a local powder coating shop, we pressure checked it at 30 Lbs. for 20 minutes before putting it back together.
The customer put that motor in a car and it is still running today as far as I know up

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 12/08/20 05:32 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)