Originally Posted by AndyF
My rough guess is that 1/3 of the cars today could be EV and if they were, the owners would be happier. That is just a guess based on my observations about how most people use their cars. Most retired folks with more than one car could use an EV as their second car. Most young drivers could use an EV, especially kids who live at home and only drive to school and work. A lot of stay at home moms or dads could use an EV for their daily trips to the store, bank, post office, etc. If your average trip is just a few miles and your daily mileage is less than 50 miles then an EV would be a better choice than a gas engine. Most people haven't had any hands on experience yet with an EV so they don't know what they don't know. It will take time for word of mouth to spread.

I'm not going to dispute what you said as it has merit...in the right environment. However, when I wake up on some ND winter morning and God has dumped two feet of white stuff on everything drivable....I'll take my 4WD Cummins any day.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".