Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by GMP440

Look at the date of manufacturer stamped on the bottle. If it's too old, the testing site might not even test the bottle because of risk of bursting.
Chances are your bottles will pass the test, but won't won't be recertified because the bottles are past their lifespan. But, the lifespan of the bottle depends on the material the bottled is made from.
Some bottles have an unlimited lifespan. These are things to think about.

Here is a link about testing nitrous bottles

http://nitroustech.com/crown-markings/

Reminds me of the time we had to recert all the fire bottle on the destroyer I was on. Some of them were war booty and had past testing stamps with the Nazi eagle and swastika on them. Weird feeling, especially when you consider that the ship I was on wasn't even commissioned till more than 30 years after WWII ended,

As for the bursting concern, they are tested hydraulically and inside a burst proof container just to minimize that issue, any bottle can potentially burst under test.

I just had this discussion with my gas supplier. He said that there are still oxygen cylinders in the system dating back to the early 1900's that were manufactured in Germany and have the swastika and Eagle. According to him they entered the market following WWI.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".