It's best to know your vehicle. The condition of ball joints, tie rod ends and proper toe has to be perfect. You'll know this from your old set of tires. Keep track of the pressure you run in the old tires and use it for a guide on the new ones. If you have no records, you will have to experiment with your pressures and keep a close eye on the new ones. It's easy to spot on new tires when the pressure is wrong.

I'm a significant amount higher than what the door stickers say on my vehicles. That is generally the case with a high quality tire (Michelin). Junk tires like bridgestone/firestone, and Goodyears I've had to adjust from higher than normal to below normal just to even the basterds out. With Michelins, I set 'em and forget 'em. Rant off.

A Mechanical Engineer Friend of mine told me to run more psi in the front. I asked him why and he said because the weight of the engine is in the front. Since taking his advice I run 2psi (half-tons and hot rods, RWD) to 4psi (front wheel drive) more in the front and it's been working perfectly.

A Member on here suggested running car hauler tires right to their maximum on the sidewall. I have been doing so, and I want to say "Thank-You": it works! up It was the Fellow that used to run a dragster with a red topkick and has the restored Gold '71 Challenger. Challenger1 I think?

Mo' Farts

Moderated by "tbagger".