Originally Posted by KcCrown
The over flow cap itself is leaking a little as it comes up to.pressure. the leak is running down the line that goes towards the firewall and dripping on the exhaust manifold. This could honestly be as simple as a Failing Cap. I am running to get a brand new one. I have not pressure tested yet only because my gut believes l have full compression and am chading a simple leak in the system. Process of illumination however if this doesn't cure my ills l will have to go get the test kit next. No options left after this.

A cooling system pressure test has absolutely nothing to do with cylinder compression.

It tests the cooling system for leaks, that's all it does.

The tester also has the equipment to test the radiator cap to see if it's leaking or properly holding pressure.

I have a 2007 300 SRT, there is no coolant overflow cap on these cars only a radiator cap.
It's the exact same setup on my wife's 2006 Charger Daytona.

The overflow when it goes out the radiator cap when too much pressure is built up goes into the reservoir that is molded as part of the plastic tank that has the radiator cap.

The hose going to the back of the engine is a coolant hose and will be under pressure when hot.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol