Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
From a recent thread:

The car picked up 5 tenths and 11 mph from the converter swap.

At the performance level of the car in that post, that 11mph represents about 150hp on the Moroso Chart.

I wonder how much extra hp the motor made with the new converter.

You think it seems reasonable that a 416 with TF heads, roller cam, nice headers, good intake, nice carb would make the same power(550-ish)as a 412” Pontiac with stock heads, intake, carb, and a .420” cam?

Interestingly....... you don’t seem to have any problem with the vailidity of these dyno numbers....... yet I don’t think that motor has been on the track yet:
You should read about the motor my engine builder won a competition with. Stock stroke, 11.66 compression 360. Made 773. Then 737 with mufflers on a 90 degree day at the competition to win it.
Yep, heads matter.

He is actually putting it in his Coronet wagon over the winter to race it next year. That motor was on a dyno he uses, A dyno at BES, and the dyno at the competition.
Who knows what it will run, not a combination anybody has used before. That motor was built specifically to fit a competition parameter, not to make the most power possible out of. Otherwise he would have used more cam and compression, and cubes.
But stroker smallblocks with factory replacement heads, tons around to compare to.
Yiu should come to a Mopar race event some times, you will see tons of them, and see what they actually run

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, low 10.30’s 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17