Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
Well, as someone with 30 years of dyno testing to call upon, I’m confident that if I built a 10.5:1 416 with TF heads, that cam, intake and headers....... it would easily exceed 550hp.

People like to quote the Moroso chart when it fits their narrative...... until you mention “Stock” or “Super Stock”....... then for some reason it doesn’t apply.

If we say the Moroso Chart is more accurate and reliable than a modern dyno, then I guess my friends 400 Pontiac, with its unported heads, .420 lift cam, stock intake and Q-jet makes around 545hp........ even if it makes nowhere near that on the dyno.

narrative, really? Way back when everybody was posting ET, Weight and Mph and Ryan and several other guys called out the horsepower i remember thinking... man, i have a pooch, 640... ouch...
So no, its not a narrative, just a “ standard” lots of guys on here have used for years. And i know you know that. That was kinda uncalled for.
From what i have actually seen at the track, well done eddies seem to run eerily the same as Trick flows.
And i cant remember( if ever) hearing of a 600+ horsepower pump gas Eddie motor. But.... i dont race dyno’s either

Last edited by B3422W5; 12/02/20 01:40 PM.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, 10.40 @127 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.60 at 103.90 1/8