Originally Posted by 340Cuda
Originally Posted by Not_A_Duster

How much are you willing to contribute towards paying the bills? work
Probably nothing towards your bills!

I would not be opposed to paying for an add free version of Moparts but I don't think that model will work. I am not opposed to advertising on this site but I think selling selling advertising that in intrusive and make the site hard to use is short sighted.

To be clear: I expect no-one to pay my bills but myself.

I think you are 100% correct that a "pay for use" model would never work....most people have become too used to getting "free stuff" on the internet...particularly entertainment/leisure activities.

I also agree that the infolinks thing is a pain in the ass, especially on a phone. But the last time this particular topic came up, I'm pretty sure we were told that "less intrusive" options don't generate enough revenue to keep the engine running, and that the previous google ads we had here had become even more intrusive so what we have now is the lesser of available evils. Maybe it doesn't bug me as much because I don't come here all that much anymore....but that has more to do with some of the truly toxic people than it does the ads. shruggy

....evil is winning....