Originally Posted by jbc426
Best thing I have ever found for helping timing chains not stretch is to soak them in Redline 85-90 wt synthetic gear oil for several days before installing them. I also tap on them while they soak in a ziplock bag on their side to get the air bubbles to float off and allow more oil into the rollers. This has virtually eliminated chain stretch on a half dozen motors I've had.

I stumbled across it when I ran out of chainsaw bar & chain oil one spring. My chainsaw chains last 5 or 6 times as long with it.

I had never soaked chains in the past until Monte Smith mentioned it on here one time Since they don't get any direct oiling they take most of the wear early on if they are not soaked in oil before install. I had never done that and soaking made total sense.

I don't mind paying for Quality parts but I'm cheap(mopar duh lol) in the sense I don't like to pay for rebranding of quality parts. When it comes to timing chains I have found that the ones Summit sells are the exact units that Comp Cams sells for about $40-50 cheaper. Just an FYI

68 Barracuda Formula S 340