Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
An important thing to keep in mind is....... not all the lifters are designed to be run with the same amount of preload.
And some of the pricier, higher end, high rpm units call for very specific preload settings....... and many people successfully run that type of lifter with the adjustment made by setting them “from the bottom”.
That’s probably not going to be a good practice for many of the “lesser” lifters that aren’t designed for “extreme duty”.
For example, in their FAQ section, Gaterman specifically says not to run them bottomed out.

The bottom line is, if your combination of parts is assembled in a manor where the plunger in the lifter, after preload, can travel farther than the depth of the pushrod cup at the rocker arm, then there is a possibility for a certain situation to occur after engine shut down, that can result in the pushrod falling out on the next start up.

My personal opinion on it is, I can’t see any reason why any retrofit hyd roller lifter sold by a performance cam company would need more than .060” total plunger travel.
This problem just wouldn’t be happening if the lifters were made that way.

Kinda my point with .060 lifter, even .090, it is not just the mopar guys with issues, seems to be widespread if the combo is just right.