Originally Posted by 72 RR DUDE
I talked to a small engine repair man who has done his homework. He said that the average person may go to a gas station and get 2 1/2 gallons of gas or 5 gallons and he checked it out and he found that in about 2 weeks you have total separation of the ethanol and know one uses that much gas in your small engine in 2 weeks and sooner then later your are dumping straight ethanol in the tank. No good!!!!! The good news here in Pa. we have quite a few stations that sell ethanol free gas.

I just don't see that being the case. While I use zero ethanol fuel in my mower I don't bother for the cars. My mower gas jug usually lasts me a whole season. My neighbor down the street uses E10 in his mower. He does zero maintenance, no oil changes, nothing, just gas and mow. His last mower went 5 years before it died, he also keeps it outside lol. In his case at least the ethanol doesn't cause him any problems that he doesn't cause himself. My Jeep and Barracuda both get E10 and they can sit for months and months and I have never seen an issue. My Barracuda is fuel injected and has an ethanol content sensor. From what I have noticed the E content goes down with time but I don't know how accurate that sensor is at low quantities.

It seems like every small engine shop around here has a display of "ethanol failures" right next to the fuel additives. But I have yet to see it cause any problems that weren't greatly enhanced by lack of use or total lack of care.

I still use 0% though, for the extra $1.50 over the mowing season its worth it lol

68 Barracuda Formula S 340