So as I go along on this journey from carb to FI I'm going to post progress and notes, issues etc. I have a new QFT carb and by the time I learned how to tune all of the circuits in it I figured I might as well learn to tune FI. Also I've walked outside on plenty of sub 50 degree days in Indiana wanting to drive the car only to never get it to fire up because it was too cold. I walked out the other day on a low 40's day and it fired right off at the hit of the key. I have heard and seen a lot of negative talk about the Sniper kits and to be honest I let some of it get in my head and it delayed me finishing the install. So I've decided to work through the install in stages. I have right now installed it in the most basic the install can get which is bolting it on and hooking up 4 wires.

I had it installed and all but one wire hooked up, a buddy of mine I hadn't seen in 12 years or so comes by the house with his son and his son had never seen or heard it run. While we were sitting there bs'ing I decided to go ahead and wire the last wire in and fire it up. What a fire up it was, once everything was cycled and the software setup for engine parameters we were off and running. Literally hit the fuel pump, ignition and water pump switches and turned the key. It lit off faster than any carb its ever had on it. We let it warm up a bit and get into learn mode and started driving, first my buddy and I and then his kid and I. We drove it probably an hour that day without a hint of an issue with the system. It got a 3.23 sure-grip between the carb/FI swap and the car really liked that. Now that the other hoghead is done its time to swap it in and really have some fun.

My next goal is to wire the fuel pump in to the holley system and let it run the pump rather than me having to turn it on and off. Once Im happy with that I'm going to let the system control the ignition timing and then the fans and water pump.

When I'm confident the ignition control is right I'm calling a tuner in Houston and letting him do the remote tuning setup on it.

Impressions thus far, don't be scared of it. I was intimidated at first but if you follow the suggestions of guys that know the systems they work just fine. I wouldn't throw all the wiring on at once as IMO that's just asking for problems.

I have determined the Powermaster 55 amp alt is nowhere near enough amps to run the electrical stuff in my car. That upgrade is being figured out currently, but if anyone knows of a different bigger amp alternator that will hang off Andy's motor-plate low mount alt kit I'm all ears.

I ordered and installed the following...
Holley kit Stealth Super Sniper
Fuel pump A1000
Regulator Bypass regulator

I also have the following previously installed
MSD Pro Billet Distributor
MSD 6AL box (Analog)

eBay-cdwmotorsports