Originally Posted by Frankenduster
How is this any different from the other Tremec 5 speed they have offered for years? Those are supposed to be modified to fit the B chassis with no cutting except for the shifter hole.

The TKO is a very tall case, yes it fits (barely) in the 2nd and 3rd gen B bodies (I've done both), the TKO fits a bit better in the 3rd gen B bodies and 70-74 E bodies, however if you don't remove some of the excess casting ribs on the tail shaft and add a spacer to the tail shaft transmission mount the TKO install as delivered from most kit mfgs will have a profound downward driveline incline, with may cause problems with headers to suspension contact issues/carb to hood ram air systems, radiator/shroud/fan contact, etc, etc depending on your application/mods/etc....hopefully the new TKX eliminates fitment issues and solves driveline issues for the avg "bolt in" installer? I could live with a .68 OD offered on the TKX, although I like the .64 OD the TKO offers....the TKO offerings over the years had growing pains from the various kit mfgs, hopefully they have learned and applied that to the TKX offerings as I'd be interested in installing one of these

Mike