Originally Posted by Big Bad Bee
Anyone know if there is a company out there making A12 hood air cleaner bases for a 4 barrel carburetor? It's been a long time since Steve Matthews (Paint it Black) was on the site. Not sure what became of him. He's the only one I know of that produced them and did so out of fiberglass. Seems like there should be a source for these somewhere.

L,

I think your SOL on this, IIRC Steve passed away about 5+ years ago, someone might have one for sale?, might want to place a want ad?

I don't recall anyone else offering this in glass or steel, might want to think about fabbing one out of a steel repro or fiberglass A12 6 pack base, by combining an A12 6bbl base with a 4bbl base off a similar aircleaner (E body Shaker carb base/4bbl)... lots of choices out there to fab steel or glass...there's a little bit of flange on that E body Shaker base to swim it around the bottom of an A12 pizza pan to get the base/seal where it may line up just right.... you can either hide it under a six pack filter/lid or use a round element/round lid?.....

Mike

makeit.JPGmakeit2.JPG