Originally Posted by moparjim79
Originally Posted by DaveRS23
You mentioned that when you pull #2 plug, it is wet. Can you tell if it is fuel wet or oil wet? Which ever one it is would give an indication as to where to concentrate the search. Also, I would do a leak down test, just to be sure that one of the valves wasn't the culprit.

Good point here-- I know where Dave is going with this. It may just need a new valve cover set. They come with the spark plug seals which are notorious for doing just this. $20.00 if thats the case.

Also, are these coil pack engines, or is there a single coil firing all the cylinders?

Since the compression was checked and is good, id rule out head gasket and or burnt valve.

GTX also makes a great point. If the injectors were swapped and it still is peeing in the cylinder, there's a signal coming from somewhere keeping the injector in a partial live state randomly. I wonder if theres a wire rubbed through on the injector harness....

Thanks for the valve cover gasket suggestion. I'll check that out and replace it all while I'm in there. beer

I've been holding off on opening up the wiring harness, but I guess it's probably gonna happen sooner or later.