Originally Posted by HotRodDave
I have a 6.4 SRT 8 in my 2011 ram and the lifters (new mopar ones for a 2011 5.7 I bought years ago) sounded horrible, almost like a rod was about to come out the side some time and others they would be pretty quiet, I was about to yank it all back down and try some "hellcat" lifters (they are all the same ones now) and the guy at the dodge dealer suggested to drain it and run 5w40 mobile 1 synthetic (I had tried a bunch of other weights and brands) and by golly I have put another 20,000 miles on the truck since switching to that and never a tick out of any of them.

Ive tired the 5w40 oil and no luck at all with it. I've changed the oil more in this car within 200 miles then i have on my daily driver in a year.

Originally Posted by csk
Good article about Gen 3 lifters
CLICK HERE

I have thought about it but do i drop that much money and still take the chance? I dont see many people running them that makes me leary to drop 900 on a set of lifters.

Originally Posted by fbs63
Comp Cams offers link bar lifters now.

Those are 6.4 with Apache heads only.

Originally Posted by Bakaruda
https://youtu.be/dI93-Zdx_nY

https://youtu.be/iTL8QEU2NwE

Here are two clips about the lifter issue with GENII Hemi's.

The issue i have is the lifter bleeding down from the higher spring rates. The motor before i put the cam and everything is it was the quietest i have ever heard a stock hemi run.

Originally Posted by Glen440
There are alot of people running the Comp 274 and bigger in the 5.7 and 6.4. The factory cars are not going solid roller, I don't think the knock sensors would like it. Maybe try another forum or contact a shop that specializes in the modern hemi.

My 5.7 in my ram is a bit tappy for a few seconds sometimes on start up. My 6.1 has never made a sound, I use 5w40 in it.

Few other places i had asked they said its hit or miss with lifters with the cams and spring pressure they have with the lifters. I just dont want to dump money on something that isnt known to work then just make a money pit of it.

73 Duster 340 a518 6pack