Originally Posted by Matt M
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Not movies but I just started watching the old black and white Gunsmoke show and dang they are good. I especially like because of James Arness. What a cool story. 6'7", worked loading and unloading freight cars and as a logger early in life. Wanted to be a fighter pilot but was too tall for cockpit. He did join Navy and earned three bronze battle stars, the World War II Victory Medal, the Combat Infantryman Badge, and a Purple Heart. Had severe wound to right leg during a battle and several surgeries to follow , but stayed in the Navy, until he had to be honorably discharged. They say he suffered much pain at times mounting horse on Gunsmoke. Talk about "a man's man".

Not trying to bust on you, I know he was a Vet, I don't know his exact history, If he was in the Navy he could not have earned a Combat Infantry Badge.
That award is exclusively for an Army Infantryman who was in Ground Combat.
I apologize. I re-read it and as I wrote before, he wanted to be a Navy Pilot, but was too tall, and eventually joined the the Army, not the Navy, and was Rifleman, 2nd Platoon, E Company, 2nd Battalion, 7th Infantry Regiment of the 3rd Infantry Division. So you're right. Army, not Navy.

Facts are stubborn things.