Originally Posted by HemiSportFury
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Not movies but I just started watching the old black and white Gunsmoke show and dang they are good. I especially like because of James Arness. What a cool story. 6'7", worked loading and unloading freight cars and as a logger early in life. Wanted to be a fighter pilot but was too tall for cockpit. He did join Navy and earned three bronze battle stars, the World War II Victory Medal, the Combat Infantryman Badge, and a Purple Heart. Had severe wound to right leg during a battle and several surgeries to follow , but stayed in the Navy, until he had to be honorably discharged. They say he suffered much pain at times mounting horse on Gunsmoke. Talk about "a man's man".
We recently bought the complete box set of DVDs of ALL episodes of Gunsmoke. We are watching them is order, so far almost through season three. Agree, Matt made the show but Doc, Kitty, Chester and later Festus all played great roles in the show.
Yes, I agree. I'm really liking Doc a lot. He's very funny with the tugging on his ear, and the rubbing the scruff on his face and his comments to Festus, who is great too. And yeah, Kitty is good too.

Facts are stubborn things.