Quote:

Thanks guys for your advice.. it will all be taken in..

What prompted me to ask this question was one of the races at MATS in Vegas last month.. My opponent was a very skilled racer and a true veteran of the sport..

I dont remember the specifics, but I dialed in a slightly faster time than he did.. Mine was an 11.48 to his 11.61.

At the tree, I got a jump on him by having a better light.. I think it was a .03x to his .07x... Within the first 100 feet or so, I caught him and took a slight lead.. By half track, I had a full car length on himm but he started to pull on me..

At the MPH lights, I knew he wasnt going to catch me, so because of being a rookie racer and because of everyones advice, I tapped the brakes lightly as we crossed the finish line.. As we crossed, his front bumper was even with my car doors, so there was no doubt I crossed the line first...

I got the win light, but when studying the time slip, something seemed funny to me..

I dialed in 11.48 and ran an 11.56
He dialed in 11.61 and ran 11.67

I had a .04 advantage at the tree..
He came closer to his dial in by .02... which by my math means the MOV should have been .02-ish in my favor.. yet according to the time slip.. it was an MOV of .0017

Does this make sense to anyone?

you have to take the lights into that equation
If you were 40 better to his lightthats why you were able to lift that much .But watch lifting to hard because the other car might not be scrubbing any mph off and come around you.
don

2009 418" build dan smith built new 9.96 131.82 6.23 108 1.30 60 foot best to date 9/15/09 8in 727 430 dana 2860 lb 3040 lb w driver