Originally Posted by HotRodDave
Originally Posted by Neil
Originally Posted by RWG75
A slight tangent from Bozo:

Was recently in a show room and absolutely flabbergasted to see what I saw, which I firmly believed no longer existed. 2019 Ram Classic Standard Cab short bed. Maybe even 2wd but don't quote me. The kicker was manual windows, manual locks, no kinda infotainment, cloth seats - bare bones truck but a nice color and rims, maybe a stripe. A good looking truck not over run with tech and priced to move for like low $20s?.

This would be the only type of pickup I'd want. I have no use for the 4 door long beds that everyone thinks they need.

I wish they made a dakota sized truck still, extended cab long bed. I just picked up the nicest 92 dakota left and LOVE driving it, the bed is waaaaaaaaaay easier to use than the 5 foot bed on my 2011 1/2 ton, its way easier to park. Pretty quick with a 318 in a light truck, (not as fast as my SRT8 392 in my 2011 though). My 2011 4 door cab is too big, wish it had a quad cab instead of crew cab and the 6 foot box instead of the 5 foot worthless and a half bed. I will probably be selling the 2011 now.

Thought they were coming out with a new "Dakota"? It would cannibalize some 1500 sales but I'd be interested in one if they did. My V8 Dakota was a GREAT truck. Pulled a decent cargo trailer, parked and rode like a car, basically a GREAT "mid sized" truck! Think mine was a 2010 or 2011. Was kinda hard to find the exact one I wanted cause it was the last year. I actually flew from MI to NC to buy it and drove it home.

https://www.caranddriver.com/ram/dakota

Last edited by 71TA; 10/07/20 08:30 PM.

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets