I just finished installing the scarebird rear disc conversion on my 69 charger. With the mopar actions 11.75" disc swap in the front it stops like a modern car. The install was easy and straightforward. One thing that was not mentioned was enlarging the holes to 5/8". The booster is off a '98 astro. It wasn't too hard to setup. The hardest thing to figure out was how to hook it up to the brake pedal. I used a 2 1/2" pedal rod extension with a 7/16" hole. They can be obtained from the street rod catalog with a 3/8" or pre-drilled from master power. I used a 7/16" by 1 1/4" clevis pin with some washers to hook it up to the pedal. The hydro-boost rod needs to be threaded to 3/8-24. I used russell powerflex hose and aeroquip fittings from summit racing. The master cylinder is off a '94 c2500. I bought it for $10 new from eBay. There seems to be alot of cheap new ones on there. I made the bracket out of aluminum flat bar, but it could easily be made out of steel flat stock like Ira's converison. It took me 15-20 hours to machine and polish. If you need a socket to remove the hydro-boost nut, factory five sells one much cheaper than the GM tool. Out of curiosity I weighed the drum booster, 76 charger master cylinder and cadillac vacuum pump I was using before and it was 6 lbs heavier than my current setup.

2750102-100_0668.JPG (223 downloads)
Last edited by Blue69Charger; 07/07/06 05:15 PM.