Originally Posted by Grizzly

Gosh, that is a sad story. Let's take up a collection. violin

Care to comment on the completely offensive $160.00/hr shop rate while some Grunt in the back does all the dirty work for minimum wage?

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Craigslist and the Internet for taking a massive bite out of dealerships gravy: trade-ins. bow

Hey Grizzled - what's your beef? You don't like new car dealers? Where U going to buy your next new car - where will ANYBODY buy new vehicles? Back in early 1994 my business was real slow during the winter months so I wanted to try selling new cars - a Dodge dealer hired me to come & sell. TYPICAL deal - called a "mini" put $75.00 in my pocket, & it was a lot of screwing around to sell a single vehicle, plus we HAD to be competitive. Shoppers are not stupid, & they are out shopping the dealers looking for the best deal. YOU DON'T SELL A CAR FOR STICKER! A good mechanic makes good money, and amazingly enough, the dealers need to be able to keep their lights on - in case you didn't know this.

Don't worry how much $$ they are making, worry about your car & your deal. If nobody made a profit on anything, we'd all be living in Zimbabwe.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified