Run away from these idiots - do not play golf here!!!

On January 30, 2020 I entered into a contract to hold our golf league championship, an 18-hole individual tournament on September 19th at 12 noon (tee time). A dinner and awards ceremony was to follow, A deposit for the contract was accepted for the event. Since then I have has 4 conversations with the Director of operations and sales on the event (mostly in the last 4 to 5 weeks). Then, on the evening of the 18th, 18 hours prior to tee time, I am told the details of the contract cannot be administered. For some reason, 20 guys cannot tee off on one 9 hole course and the other 20 golfers cannot tee off on the other nine as defined in the contract. To really screw things up, on Saturday the 19th, I receive word at 10 a.m. that we are being delayed 2 hours…the earliest we can tee off is 2 p.m. (if that) They claim morning frost on the green as the issue but the low temp was 42 degrees that night. When I arrived I saw the issues - they overbooked.

What I have found is that the front of the house never spoke to the back of the house. The golfers that booked tee times online overlapped everything I established in January. Even if we played at 2 p.m., this time of the year must have your last golfer tee off by 2:20 p.m. to get you 18 holes in by dark! They would have had the last groups teeing off between 3:30 and 3:45 p.m. It get dark here at 7:30 p.m. Our first 2 foursomes may have completed the round with sunlight but everybody else would have been left in the dark. Again, this is a TOURNAMENT!

Mike Selden (GM) and Ted Lasater(Dir. of Operations) dropped the ball and didn’t even have a recovery plan. The best part, Mike Seldon stated to all our members “I screwed up/we screwed up”. I cannot wait to get all my expenses in line for finding a new location (and fast) to hold the event.

And no – covid had no element in his decision to screw us over…

I am not rich...but I get off my ass everyday to make sure I am not broke!

Can we get the Mexican cartels to help us with our supply chain issues? They don't seem to have any trouble getting stuff from one place to another.