Originally Posted by B3422W5
Originally Posted by justinp61
I have a Magnafuel 275 and have had issues with the seal on the shaft of the motor leaking. I had it mounted laying down so that may have an effect on it, although Magnafuels tech told me it could be mounted in any position. I got tired of replacing seals and took it off and put my old Holley Billet 150 back on.

Yep, i have often wondered why people spend all that money on those, which i always hear tales of woe about. When a Holley black will easily satisfy the needs of 95% of the N/A street strip or bracket cars on the board, and are way cheaper and very, very rarely fail.
I know they are plenty capable of supporting a high 9 sec 3350 pound car, using a T brake.
Most foolish thing i have done( among many..lol) was getting talked into “ upgrading” my fuel system. I did, and didnt see a thousandth difference, except in my wallet.

Totally agree, holly blue feeding a 800 hp 499, 5.6 @ 125 1/8 mile. Very soft chassis tune doing 1.25 60. tank-pump was mounted in the front. Morroso log feed thru regulator a 5psi to carb, mph shows it was not running out of fuel. Pressure behind the regulator was something no one gave a sh!t about. Volume, now that’s a different animal.