Originally Posted by A12
I . . . which might also have that resistor in it? You could also just add an inline resister to what you have too?

So I’m having trouble finding things on the internet that address this issue but did manage to find this thread that appears to be a similar issue/question where many with better electrical backgrounds have offered their input. In their case it appears to be a Porsche with a short cable run, or certainly shorter than an AAR with multiple antenna cables would have. So I don’t think it’s purpose would have to do with the fiberglass hood, but maybe optimum frequency tuning (link below)

https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/579218-purpose-of-resistor-in-coax-antenna-wire.html

Honestly I was able to follow most but not all of the dialog. Of course they never really solved the mystery of resistor or capacitor, and their image clearly has a more traditional look than the image I posted.

As for one being in the first run of antenna cable from the rear quarter heading forward I have no idea. I suppose it’s possible that all MOPAR antennas have this and maybe I’ve never had a need to cut a connector apart to find out. It may make an interesting junkyard trip to find out, but wouldn’t solve my mystery of what exactly it is and getting a replacement, unless of course I could salvage one from another assembly.

The search continues