With the AM radio not working I started troubleshooting. Radio, speaker, and antenna were checked on a bench prior to installation, unfortunately I did not check the AAR antenna extension. Bottom line is it appears the extension is my culprit where the pinned connector was able to come free from the 90 deg connector that attaches to the coax wire, breaking the connection.

The plan was to simply strip the wire back, insert it in the tip and resolder, but as with many things a full dismantling added to my confusion.

Attached you can see the pieces in the order they were removed, there appears to be a resistor/filter of sorts, and as best I can tell it had a very small integral wire attached to it on both ends. One end running into the RCA style tip that was soldered and the other being soldered to the center wire of the coax cable, when assembled the connection between the coax cable and the resistor would be shielded by being inserted into the black plastic tip of the 90 deg fitting.

So does anyone know what this resistor/filter is?
What’s it’s purpose?
Do I need it for the radio to function properly?
And where do I get one if needed?

Thanks

A759E818-AE0D-4AEF-B33B-27B9A5293BF9.jpeg5C4397B6-DB91-42A5-9BD8-957B8970B7E9.jpeg99E057B8-DEC4-40D9-BA29-961A65A41EC0.jpeg