Originally my plan was EFI on the 440, serpentine belt conversion, aftermarket a/c with modern compressor/mounts, alternator upgrade, complete re-wire and some heated/cooled seats...preferably from a late model Mopar. I research the heck out of the first 3 and swing by the local wrecking yard in search of some seats. My choices are a Buick Enclave or a Cadillac XLR..."I'll think about it." While in the waiting area I gawked at the engine/trans combos scattered around. Hmmmm, a 5.7 Hemi and auto plus computers and "other items for a conversion not shown" from a '16 Challenger for $3,300. Over here is a 6.1/auto from a 2008 SRT8 Charger with the same "other items" note for $6600 (ironically this engine combo sold while I was standing next to it 2 days later). The wheels slowly begin to turn.
FI-tech or Holley efi is going to be about $1200 not including the supply side (pump/tank etc.) These engines have an a/c compressor already ($200?). These engines have an upgraded alternator already ($200?). These engines have a serpentine belt system already ($1300?). Suddenly those newer engines don't seem so expensive.

I fire off an email to Hotwire asking what I need to put one of these setups in the Cuda. Bright and early the next morning Chris has responded with enough info to make my head spin (I mean that in a good way). Basically can't use any of the electronics from either combo and the trans requires extras to the tune of like $1200+. Okay, plan B. The car already has a 2.91 or 3.23 rear so maybe keep the 727 and just use the engine. Then somebody yells, "hey dummy, you have access to the same auction these guys are buying the cars from!" The voice is from deep within my own head. I quietly thank myself and set about doing more research.

Two contenders immediately arise in my search.
#1 is a 2008 Ram Quad Cab 1500 4x4 5.7/auto that was rolled over....violently it would appear. There is not a salvageable body panel on the truck and yet the engine purrs and the wheels/tires look pristine. The leather seats and one good window (not sure how it survived) could be sold to recoup some costs. Current bid is $150, 3 days till the live auction, Buy-it-Now is $2200 plus fees and it's 200 miles away.
#2 is a 2007 Charger SRT8 Super Bee(?) 6.1/auto (what are the chances!?!). It appears to have struck a deer in the left front. Hood,fender,bumper,headlight, core support etc all toast but the rest of the car is in very good shape for being 13 years old. That's a lot of parts I don't need that can be sold off. Bonus: the seats aren't heated/cooled but are very nice and seem to fit me well (back troubles). Current bid is $3025, 2 days until live auction, Buy-it-Now is $4400 and it's 40 miles away.

20200921_173346 - Edited.jpg

Cheeto
It's not perfect.
It's not correct.
It's not yours!