I haven't been around much for several years but I've always loved this site and its member participation so this project is going here.

Car: 1970 Barracuda was 318/auto car now 440/727 auto.
Plan: Gen 3 Hemi/727 auto, re-wire, air cond. Basically a simple, comfortable, reliable driver.
History: Circa 1995 folks tell me to find them a nice Mopar driver. Locate '70 Barracuda street/race car for sale minus well-built 440/auto. Purchase car and find a 1976(?) truck with 440/auto of unknown origin. Buddy swaps in engine/trans and car spends a couple months each between myself and the folks for 2 years. Spends next 15-ish years in their garage getting driven maybe once or twice/year. Step-dad offers the car to me for an unbeatable deal just before his cancer wins in 2017. Car spends 3 years in my storage again with occasional usage.

Car is a perfect 10! Meaning it looks perfect from 10 feet at 10 mph. Engine leaks, trans leaks, crap-shoot whether car will start again after stopping for a quick lunch. Out of like 8 total, 3 of the stock gauges work, 2 of the aftermarket ones do. Wiring I've looked at is scary at best and a fire hazard at worst. Car is too hot in summer for me for extended periods...even in North Idaho. Etc, etc, etc. It looks nice but just isn't enjoyable to drive.

I've sold a couple other toys and set aside a modest budget for this transformation. I have medical issues so work on the car will be sporadic. Don't be surprised if there are weeks with no updates. I intend to do this over the winter with the hopes of having it ready when I bring my snowbird Mom back from AZ in the spring. Pulling the car out of storage recently really brightened her up and brought back a flood of memories for her. When I told her my plans she said,"the old man would love it!". That's good enough for me.

Side note: This pic was taken about 2 weeks ago...those wheels and tires were put on the car circa 2002. It didn't get out much.

20200822_193230 - Edited (1).jpg
Last edited by Cheeto; 09/22/20 03:08 AM.

Cheeto
It's not perfect.
It's not correct.
It's not yours!