Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Originally Posted by Sniper
I think Dulcich did a test on this, one a mild engine like yours the loss was pretty minimal on the dyno.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/mopp-0307-mopar-crate-engine-exhaust/

[Linked Image]

Interesting comparison, the cam they were using seemed to quit pulling at 5,000, but the power difference there wasn't all that substantial. I can't see another 500 rpm being a big jump for the headers.

Originally Posted by 2boltmain
Sounds like you enjoy tinkering and thats what the hobby is about. If I were you and money was available Id buy a good quality set of headers power output appropriate and install them with true dual exhaust and nice turbo mufflers. Dont do it in the chase for improved performance but do it for great sound and enjoyment. If you dont have the $$ for headers do a true dual exhaust with existing manifolds.

It's not so much a cost thing as much as it's "I'd like to avoid headers" thing. Thin leaky flanges, steering clearance, starter clearance, plug wire routing etc.

Really nice manifold design for the small blocks = the later model 318/360 Magnum manifolds. You'll have to grind the center webbing a little & probably have a new trans dipstick tube made. I installed mine from the top on my '73 Charger 340 Rallye & did not use gaskets. MUCH better fit & design than the OE manifolds.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified