Yeah the 4.7 was a good motor, but prone to blown head gaskets, like mine. Overheat once and the hg's are done.

What I think you missed on my original post was I have a 01 and a 99. The 99 and 01 have different diffs... it's not engine specific, but year specific. That's what Dave was referring to. When looking for a front DS for my 02 R/T, I noticed the diffs were different between years too.

I actually have 4 Durangos. My daily is a 02 R/T with 200k on it. I have two 01s, both 4.7...one with the bhg and the other is a engine donor for the other one. The last one is a 99 with a 5.9. I've already pulled the good 4.7 out of the donor, but before dropping it in the other truck I started tickling the idea of doing a 5.9 swap. I knew it wouldn't be a straight swap, but after what Dave said, I'll stick with the straight 4.7 swap and not overheat it. Idk if it's common everywhere, but the plastic Ys used on the heater hoses cracks and leaks out here in AZ. I've had it happen to 3 Durangos. That's what happened to my 4.7 one and my niece cooked it to the point of the motor shutting down. I won't let that happen again, so the donor 4.7 should last a while.

Thanks again.