I had a lot of failures over the years with Jesel offset rockers. I suspect two things added to my problems versus other guys. Loose lash might be the biggest problem. My method was to set them with a very light drag-WHICH I NOW BELIEVE TO BE WRONG. So now i set them about .002 tighter plus .006 tighter for setting them cold , and a drag that us quiet heavy. So for .019 hot lash setting i set them at .011 cold. Those little needle bearings on the adjuster side of the intake rockers don't live a decent life if treated poorly with looser than spec lash and agressive cams and or a poor spring choice. DO NOT run an offset rocker that uses a C clip running against the needle bearing cage. Side loads eventually crush the bearing cage and destroy the bearings. The oil pump doesn't digest those little parts well and i guess i don't have to paint a full picture of the total carnage that can result. Instead special order your (intake only) rockers with the sides polished and order .030 shims (washers) from Jesel to locate your rockers. It took 2 shims on the adjuster side of my set and 1 on the other side to end up with them centered and i wound up with .006 to .010 side clearance so oil can get to the bearings. Run pushrod oiling and bushed rollerlifters( no needle bearings!) for the same reason.
Personally i suggest a cam profile with lobes that are known to be somewhere between an endurance design and a bit more agressive design to keep everything happy and the shock loads down to a tolerable level. If you want to go fast, the add a little duration to allow lots of lift , a high ratio rocker on the intake (1.7 min) and run a real loose converter to match.

Last edited by gregsdart; 09/07/20 08:39 AM.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky