Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
Have you found the Moroso slide rule to be fairly accurate compared to actual dyno results?

I have. But you have to look at the whole situation....... da, how good the car is, head wind or not, track prep, etc....... and then there is always the question about how accurate the dyno numbers are.
In decent(but not killer) air, a good stock or super stock car will outrun the Moroso chart..... and often by quite a bit.
(Using the Moroso chart, my friends Stocker has run enough speed show the hp to be 108% of what the STP power was on the dyno. Even racing in Vegas the car shows within 5% of the STP power, and that’s a track with an altitude adjustment factor).

A mediocre street/strip car may have a hard time showing within 15% of the dyno numbers, and a typical half way decent bracket car should be able to get within 10%.
And a car that’s not set up for the track at all might show numbers that are 20-25% low.

One of the cars I've been helping out with this year has gone thru the learning curve from being a mid 10 second car to now a 9.70 car without changing a single part on the engine. The driver has refined his driving and picked up time by getting his launch and shift points correct. The engine made a little over 700 hp on the dyno and the car is around 3500 lbs so it should run 9.70 or so on the Moroso slide rule but it started out in the mid 10's. At first the owner didn't believe the Moroso slide rule numbers and he was questioning the dyno numbers but it all gradually fell into place.