Tire size - MT 14x32 stiff slidewalls 3074S

Move from alcohol to gas - My carb was a 20 year old Chuck Nuytten 1050 alcohol carb. I had been running an under carb throttle stop and with the B1 intake I wouldn't have room under the hood. So I needed/wanted to do something about the clearance and I wanted a new shinny fancy updated carb and really liked APDs Max Speed with the built in throttle stop. So that was the carb I chose and then I had to decide on gas or alcohol. I spoke to APD, local .90 racers, Luke Bogacki and others and they all said that gas is more predicable from day to day and since NHRA .90 races typically span multiple days I was leaning towards gas. Alcohol is more consistent if you get a time trial before eliminations but when NHRA racing, many times your first pass down the track is elimination round. Machinist also like gas over alcohol because how hard alcohol is on cylinder walls, and it's so much easier to start on initial start ups each time out, especially in cooler weather. Several of the local guys have done back to back testing with gas and alcohol both on dyno and on track and they aren't seeing much increase with alcohol and on track they are seeing more mph on gas but they are big motors with 15:1 compression so alcohol would have made a significant difference on my motor. (sort of regretting my decision to move to gas) My cooling system isn't doing very good keeping the motor cool so I'll probably need to replace the radiator with a bigger one or just go back to alcohol.

Weight - With the old motor it weighed 3,050lbs so I'm guessing it weighs 2,950lbs with the aluminum block.(KB block was close to 150lbs lighter but the B1 intake and spacers weigh a lot more than the Indy intake) I'll get it weighed when I go to the Dallas double divisional on 9/18. I weigh 230lbs so that would add up to approximately 3,180 so round up to 3,20lbs race weight.

The torque converter feels really tight (tighter than it used to) but I never got around to checking the stall with the new motor so I'll check that next time out. It's a 9" Dynamic. It used to stall 5,500.

Wade Metzinger 918-809-0987
71 Cuda 9.28@145 -1s, Pglide
68 Cuda 10.64@124 1.45 60's 318->390 eddys
Moparts discount code on WIX - moparts www.Filter1.com