my big block dakota has a TKO-600 in it, and It's a joy to drive. only complaint I have is that I can't power shift it the way I want to, but its my first heavy duty transmission, so i'm used to light duty, lightweight transmissions, and I've been told that the beefier innards of the TKO just take a bit more time to "synch up" with the new gear/RPM, so shifts take a fraction of a second longer.

been a few times when I run it up through the gears, that I try to shift fast and it's like hitting a wall on the shifter, just won't go into gear.

but when driving around leisurely, it shifts so smooth, I don't even have to use the clutch!

overall, I really like it.

you can spend the money and get a modified bell like the one that keisler sells for an almost "OEM" fit, which would allow the use of mechanical clutch linkages if you really want it, but since they were not offering a kit when I put my truck together, I ended up using a lakewood "scattershield" or blow-proof bell housing, which is rather "generic" in it's shape, but functions perfectly. and I'm running a hydraulic clutch because surprisingly, no one made mechanical clutch linkage for a big block in a 98 Dakota!

hydraulic flex lines were much easier to route than trying to fabricate custom mechanical clutch linkages

**Photobucket sucks**