. [/quote]

I totally agree but still cant wrap my head around the price. But like when wife and I went to a bicycle store looking for bikes and they had some $4000 bike. The wife said "who the hell would pay that". Told her probably people that make 10X what we do cause we were looking at $400 bikes. [/quote]

i don't want to get to off topic and hijack the thread.
actually $4,000 is a pretty good price for a good Carbon Fiber bike.
some of the top of the line triathlon bikes MSRP at close to $20K.
i didn't buy it new, i picked it up used last fall.
i bought a full carbon 2015 Specialized Roubaix S-Works bike with electronic shifting last fall. i the bike had a MSRP of $10,000 when new. it also had high end Zipp full carbon fiber wheels that had a MSRP of $4,000. i paid $,4,500 for the bike, sold the CF wheels, CF stem, CF handle bars, the top of the line dura ace groupset, for $3,500 and got a alloy wheels, stem, handlebars and ultegra electronic groupset in trade on the sale. i also sold my 2010 Specialized Roubaix expert with electronic shifting for $1,500. so in the end i got a 5 year newer and vastly superior bike and put $500 in my pocket. actually after getting a fitting and some accesories for the bike i broke even or spent maybe $200.
i don't ride to much this year because of the virus mess, i ride solo or i ride my spin cycle. i will only put about 600 miles on this year. but last year i rode 1,700 miles on my bike in 5 months, and usually do the same every year. if the virus mess weren't here i hoped to get close to 2,000 miles on my new bile. i know of several people who ride 4,000+ miles a year on their bikes.
i know a few people who have spent $10,000 on their bike and they thought it was cheap. i bought my bike from one of those people.
and i will ad they usually have more than 1 of those bikes.

Last edited by Mr T2U; 08/20/20 05:57 PM.

perception is 90% of reality