Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by stumpy
My biggest complaint is that I won't be able to do much of anything for 9 months to a year. They split the breast bone and it takes that long for it to heal. That's going to drive me crazy.

Don't believe that. I had a triple bypass back in 2017 and it took closer to a year an a half before my sternum was fully healed up and by then I had no upper body strength. But I was under the impression that a stent could be inserted via the same path they do for the cath procedure? That is a whole lot less invasive.

Once the cardiologist was inside I was given three options while they were performing the first angioplasty. First, continue the procedure with follow on medications, stop the the procedure and schedule for bypass the next day or treat with medications only. Because the blockage was 90% the cardiologist recommend to take car of that first. Once he was finished he told me that he felt confident that we could avoid bypass by me taking meds. A year later I had chest pains again. They went in and placed another stent. Two years ago they put another stent into the original artery where first one was place. Cardiovascular disease is an ongoing disease with really no cure, just intervention. I told my cardiologist to put a zipper in my groin and my chest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stent

Last edited by dart4forte; 08/05/20 10:49 AM.

“So if it’s on the internet it must be true”

Abe Lincoln