Originally Posted by HemiDart68
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
My Kevlar diaper is about 1/8-3/16 inches thick and can lay right on my headers and won’t burn. I think it was 275.00 bought from my local track.

All cars are different. I went back and looked at your posts, are you referring to the black duster in your photos? the one with what looks like a fabricated front K member? Most likely does not have drag link... Yea that car would be easy to put a universal diaper on. Apples to Oranges....

My intelligence may be questionable, but i have had a lot of other smart people help me out with that build, and it was pretty much universally accepted by all that there is no way on this side of hell that a diaper would fit. between the lowered motor, massive oil pan pump and lines, factory K frame and box, drag link through pan, massive headers, etc.

I know a few people have had diapers made with the drag link through the diaper, well there is a good chance that would not retain ALL of the oil either.

Also there could be other factors that didn't exactly help. The car had an accusump, so when the motor lost oil pressure it most likely pumped out few extra quarts under pressure. Never really thought of it until today, it is system to save a motor, could actually hurt you a little bit when the oil is no longer held to the confines of the engine itself.

If i had to speculate taking the 14x32's on 16" wheels off, and putting on what looks like 10.5 x 29's that hang 10 inches inside the car probably wasn't helping keep the shiny side up when things went bad.

What I am saying is if you want or need a diaper bad enough it can happen. Although a small block we put one on my sons stock front suspension Duster with a milidon oil pan and Hedmen headers. Did we have to do some modifications??? Heck ya but we did it. As did many stick suspension big block cars. The NNS old school guys fight it big time and some don’t adhere to our track rules but most do. We have members on here that ordered custom diapers that fit great. It comes down to how bad do you want to protect your investment and the guy in the other lane. I rerouted two header tubes on my Duster.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time