I read this post again and just want to clarify a point. I said that the forward "peak" was 32.25" from rear of the hood. You said 30" from sources you saw. Just so no misunderstanding but the measurements I stated were from the same point at the rear of the hood exactly in the center. You do end up with 30"ish overall for the blackout. I checked 3-4 hoods that were still original and found that the 30.25 was most common. I have seen the 69 hood factory prints but never found one for the 68. I'm not sure if the factory would have masked and taped it off or if they used a common stencil that was laid over the hood for quick paint?? If you follow the crown of the leading edge for the scoops they naturally come to a point. I think that in the end if you get close and the layout works on your hood then go with it. The black helps break up the color and the brighter paint colors really sets if off (I think your car is the turquoise). I have to admit though that there was a black RR in Chicago with the blackout and it looked really sinister...I can't remember his name but hopefully he will see this and post a picture if he still has the car.