Originally Posted by fastmark
Briggs killed themselves many years ago. I was a professional landscaper from 1969-82 and I used up lots of Briggs motors. Honda came along and their products would last three or four times longer with zero problems for about the same cost. Briggs refused to change. Now there are lots of other brands besides Honda that are better than Briggs and they still have not brought up their quality. They just don’t last as long and they made them cheap. I won’t own another Briggs product the rest of my life. They’d still be in business if they made a piece that would compete with a Honda. I kept my last Snapper and put a Honda on it when I stopped mowing commercial. I’ve had it for 25 years. Starts first pull. I would have had three or four Briggs motors on it by now.

I have a Simplicity 16 hp Vangaurd 44" tractor. Bought new in 04. It's been almost flawless. 700+ hours...1 coil and a PTO. Other than that....oil/filters and batteries. Still runs and cuts like new! Nothing wrong with a good Briggs......have another on a 8 yr old Simplicity snow blower...starts on 1 or 2 pulls everytime.

[Linked Image]