I can't get my dash lights to work on my 1971 Charger with rallye dash. I'm finishing up on a complete restoration so everything has been gone through. All exterior lights work, the dome light works, the in dash turn signal indicators work, the red high beam light works, and the brake warning light in the dash works.I just can't get my in dash gauge lights to work. All the bulbs were replaced before the dash went into the car. I have voltage at the fuse block at the 3 amp fuse for the instrument lights were the tan wire comes into the fuse block, so it can't be the headlight switch. As soon as i put a good fuse in, I have no voltage. The fuse does not blow. I pull the fuse out, and the voltage is back at the tan wire side of the fuse block.

I jumpered out the air grabber switch light, because it's easiest to get access to, and the light will work with 12 volts to positive pin, which tells me my ground is ok. Also the turn signal and high beam indicators would not work if i didn't have a good ground at the gauge cluster.

I am just stumped why I would have voltage with no fuse installed, and 0 volts with the fuse installed.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bill