Originally Posted by 3hundred
Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by 3hundred

This was a universal replacement / performance type carburetor. Note the two small nipples either side of the PCV, both are ported vacuum, the right for vacuum advance, the left for EGR, note 50 & 51.. Also note the electric choke and vapor return line.

Go look at your PDF, it shows the nipple on the linkage side (#51) as FULL TIME VACUUM, not ported. Number 50 in your PDF is listed as Ported Vacuum, exactly as I said.

A simple visual also confirms the vacuum sourcing for either nipple, below the throttle shaft is full time (#51) and above the throttle shaft (#50) is ported.

That's an ERROR. I had one, The OP CONFIRMED there's no vacuum at idle on either port. it's a universal carb, EGR does NOT use full time vacuum. And yes I know that, carb 101. Look at the pic of the actual carb, both on the same level.

Calm down gent's!
Look, my carb look very much like the one in the pic. It has the text Carter AFB - Competition Series though.
It has the electric choke and the vapor return nipple (hose is not there anymore)
It has the two nipples 51 and 50 - but none of them gives a vacuum signal at idle. The drivers side nipple sits lower than the pass side nipple and that why I started this thread, I was confused smile

70 W100 Power Wagon. 318 4-spd
70 Sport Fury 440 2dr HT
71 Duster 340
71 Charger Super Bee - 383/727
72 Charger "Sabotage" - 440/727 - Street/Strip
78 Warlock in beautiful patina