Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by TonyS451
I have a 1150 Domm with 4 corner idle. Runs fine and no issues, but I know some of you guys have really been able to fine tune them for better street manners. Its on a 12.5-1 493, Indy-1's and indy single plane, 268@.050 solid roller, 5200 converter, 4.10 gears, 295/65 drag radial, guesstimate of 3400lb. Not exacty your average street car but I do ike to cruise on the street from time to time. Any pointers are appreciated!

Street tuning is going to be difficult due to the cam not the carb. With a big cam like that you'll need a lot of advance at idle. It is difficult to achieve the timing curve you need with a mechanical distributor which is why I'd suggest going digital. If it was my car I'd do a Sniper + Hyperspark combo which will give you complete digital control of fuel and ignition. That setup comes with a wide band and a data logger so you can really dial in the tune. You can do it with a carb and a mechanical distributor but you'll need spend some money to make it work. You might be money ahead to switch to digital.

Certainly something to consider. My timing is locked out and use a digital 6 w start retard, so I have full advance at idle. Jetting is set where it made the most power on the dyno. Honestly, it runs pretty good and can idle all day, and has great response. Definitely not concerned about gas mileage! Id mostly just like less fumes

2 kids and a dog