Usually a 540 is a 4.5 bore with a 4.25 stroke.

OK, I am thinking maybe you were going to do a 4 and 3/8 bore with 4.5 stroke for 541 CI.

If you're serious about 5500rpm, I doubt you will notice any problems.
I would consider a windage tray + possibly overfilling it by an arbitrary amount you have to take an educated guess on.

One thing I've done to research what might possibly work is, I compared the liquid level in the pan VS connecting rod "stick out" to make sure that, at least in a static environment
the two aren't getting into each other too badly. the further apart the better but street engines are a compromise. Have also compared that to
what are known good combinations that I have used in the past, hopefully arriving at something workable.
If you check my 572 build/ugly pictures long thread you'll see markings on the side of the style of pan you're considering + the stick out measurement.
In the end I decided I'd feel better with a slightly deeper pan because of stick out.

They're built with street type oiling systems all the time.
They do seem to drop a tiny bit of oil pressure at higher rpm when street type pans and oiling systems are used,
both hemi and wedge, with that stroke. We're only talking a couple psi but nobody likes to see that.
The ways around that are those used by race cars for many years that we're all familiar with.

Good luck

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri