All,

I have bee tinkering with my Charger trying to get some of the long-lived bugs out of it. One thing that has evaded me is getting rid of the horrible off-idle stumble. If I give the car more than half throttle from a stand still, it stumbles....much more and it will jump forward and cut off. Once I am moving I can blip the throttle and she is nice and crisp. This is just an off-idle issue. I swapped out the white cam and (28?) accel nozzle to the red cam and 35 without fixing it. Here are the specs:

- 73 Charger - 500ci engine 10.6:1 compression, mild.483 lift cam, 2500 converter, 727, 3.55 gear, 20* initial timing
- high rise single plane intake + 1/2" spacer
- Holley 4150, 850 cfm vac secondary (single pumper), red cam, 30cc, 35 nozzle

If this is so bad that it cuts off, I feel like I must be a mile away from what it wants. Otherwise runs pretty well. Very crisp at speed and pulls hard - just this annoying bog when you are getting moving.

Any suggestions on what to try next? I just swapped in a 45 nozzle (hollow screw) but it started raining so no testing today. I am hoping somebody here has a similar combo and could give me an idea of where to start.

Thanks in advance! thumbs